Wayward: self-willed; rebellious; unruly; impulsive

Monday, September 10, 2012

Transparency

I feel like I’m receiving mixed reviews about the transparency of our situation. Some like the openness and honesty. Others think we’re airing out our dirty laundry for the whole world to see….and we pretty much are. I struggle with this too. It’s a pride thing. No one wants to be weak or vulnerable. We strive to live independent and outwardly flawless lives, don’t we? If we didn’t, someone might judge us. Or worse, we might have to admit that we’re actually not as good as we think we are. Ouch. When this back-and-forth conversation is going on in my head, one thing settles it. What will I give to bring our child home? Would I live a transparent life if it were Aisley or Hayes over there? You better your bottom I would. And I would repost my Etsy shop and GoFundMe page all over the cyber world and on every street corner until I got them home forever. What’s the difference with my Ethiopian child? There is none. God will humble me through every online plea and I’m OK with that. I’m fighting tooth and nail for the completion of our family through this adoption. God’s putting this stubbornness to work to bring Him glory instead of satisfying my own worldly desires. So be it if that means swallowing my pride and airing out my dirty laundry.  http://www.gofundme.com/watsonfamilyadoption

1 comment:

  1. Sister! It is not airing our your dirty laundry. You are real and Praise God for that. The world needs more real. People need more real. It is through being real that we truly get to know one another and bless one another. God made you and he made you real. A wise woman once told me "NEVER apologize for who you are." Thank you Lacy for sharing and encouraging all of us to be more vulnerable and real. love you! akm

    ReplyDelete