Wayward: self-willed; rebellious; unruly; impulsive

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Welcome!

Now is a great time to welcome our new readers and 1 new follower ;)So, WELCOME!!! Let me take a moment to apologize in advance for the spelling and grammar errors. If I knew where the spell check button is on the new blogger page, I’d be more likely to use it. I also want to take a quick minute to recap what we’re up to these days. Our adoption application was approved against all odds and months before we were ready, so we are passionately working at fundraising efforts. I had a huge bin of beads left by my great-grandmother and even more given to me from a dear friend (thanks Katie!) so I knew that would be a great place to start an Etsy-worthy project. I’ve never made jewelry, so I’m painfully slow and don’t have a perfect product, but each bracelet I make and sell gets us so much closer to bring our child home from Ethiopia. Carey and I have been absolutely stunned by the encouragement and support of all of our friends, particularly of facebook. Many of my 100 bracelets sold over the weekend were totally strangers who saw our story on a friend’s facebook page. People are just seriously amazing me right now. In fact, it’s making me kind of nervous. I even had several people ASK Me if THEY could fundraise for me! How nuts is that? Yesterday I walked into a yogurt place with the kids and practically ran into a huge sign reading “LET US HELP YOU FUNDRAISE”. What? Really? It seems like God is all over this adoption story (duh) and totally has our back. Granted, I’m more likely to notice something like that these days, but common, that’s not a coincidence. So we’re off to a fantastic start in our goal to raise $20,000 for adoption costs. Too good of a start, I’m afraid. Oh ye of little faith (me), is beginning to wonder where the stumbling blocks and setbacks are. It’s common to hear of adoption stories being delayed and prolonged, I’ve never heard of one progressing smoothly and quickly. If you’ve prayed for us, don’t stop. If you stop and problems arise, I’ll totally blame you. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment