Wayward: self-willed; rebellious; unruly; impulsive

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Blessings

Can I just say that God is making it clear that this is His adoption journey, His family, His child, His people, and His will to be completed in His timing? How do I know? Well, we should never have been approved in the 1st place. Then we should never have raised enough for the home study. Then when I was struggling to find the home study agency, another lady in the church sent out an email asking for prayers for her current adoption. I sent her an email asking for any info on an agency and by the end of the night she had me in touch with a man who doesn’t know me from Adam, but was willing to invest his own time into contacting several agencies for us. Within days we had approval to proceed with an accredited home study agency and are starting to move forward in that process. This morning as we walked in to church I mentioned to my mother in-law that I need more beads to finish some bracelet orders. Once inside I found a cute bag addressed to me with several packages of beads and a gift card inside. We’ve received amazing support from friends who felt called to contribute to our journey and have an ongoing prayer network spanning across the country. Even though we constantly have to justify what we’re doing and why we’re doing it this way, God continues to be faithful. Each of our followers, whether family, friend, or stranger, is a blessing. We feel your prayers and well-wishes. We know you’re with us on this journey and that this child or children are already in your hearts. Oh, have I mentioned that? There’s this box on the adoption application that you can check if you’re open to multiple children. Carey completed the rough draft application and I completed the final draft. When I got to that box, I felt a little tug in my heart. Just a little tug that said “what if there’s a sibling group? Are you going to say no to a sibling group?” I said a prayer and asked Carey, fully expecting him to say we can only handle one, and much to my surprise he said sure! So thank you for loving us and all of our children wherever they are, and being part of our journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment