Wayward: self-willed; rebellious; unruly; impulsive

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Hanging in there

This week has been slightly challenging so far, but we're hanging in there! It's nothing we can't handle! ;) I'm finding myself more and more emotionally overwhelmed, ( I'm pretty sure it's safe to blame it on pregnancy hormones) scatter brained, and exhausted. AGW is going through an intense toddler time and I'm really trying to remind myself that she's learning, growing, and experimenting. She doesn't deliberately act out very often, but she is teaching me lots about patience and letting her learn, even if it means making a mess or causing us to go at a much slower pace :)

Carey has worked 14 hour days this week and lives to sleep! He's handling everything very well but is a little bored this rotation because he doesn't get to operate much. He will still have lots of questions about transplant stuff on his Step III exam so he's learning as much as possible.
Our evenings go like this: we eat as soon as he gets home then he plays with AGW while I clean up. Then it's bath time and up to bed for AGW. This is at about 9 and Carey falls asleep with her each night. At 10 I go wake him and he crawls into bed with the puppies (who miss him and want cuddle time too!). Then he's back up at 4:30 am to do it all again. I would love a little time with him in the evenings but he'd just fall asleep anyway!
Not all rotations are this strenuous and we only have 2 weeks left on this service so we're all just hanging on until next week.

As far as the pregnancy goes, I'm just clinging to September. Once august is over I'll have just a few weeks left, cooler weather, and a few hours to myself when agw starts preschool. (mixed emotions!!) I know that a 2nd baby is ony going to make things more chaotic but I'm ready to be normal again (physically) and ready to see my baby! We'll continue to adapt and adjust as we have been, that's what survival is all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment