Wayward: self-willed; rebellious; unruly; impulsive

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Church Groups and Hospital Tours

I'm really bad at starting a new post and then walking away and never finishing it. I met to publish one on Friday but after reading it today I just trashed it! We had a wonderful weekend with Carey being home half of Saturday and all of today (Sunday). We splurged and got ice cream at Creamy Whip which is a cute and old fashioned shop in Mt. Washington. AGW loved sitting on the sidewalk at a hot pink table and watching the cars drive by. We went to church this morning and were stunned at the turn out for Backpack Sunday. The church called all of the preschoolers and elementary kids to the front (all of them wearing their backpacks, of course) and said a blessing over them and the up coming school year. AGW looked precious wearing her ladybug backpack!

Speaking of churches, I believe that Carey and I have found our church home. We agree with the church's values and mission and love that it is a family centered church. AGW and I will begin attending a Christian Moms Group every Wednesday morning and also Mothers Of Preschoolers once a month. Both groups meet at the church and will be a great way for the two of us to connect with new friends. Carey and I have also joined a small group for younger couples that meets on Sunday nights. We're excited to meet new people and become more active in the church.

After church today we all enjoyed a long nap and then went swimming, AGW's favorite activity!

Right now Carey is reading (I think. He's actually probably asleep) an assignment that is due tomorrow. He still has labs, lectures, and reading assignments, to keep up with along with his logs. He's doing a great job juggling all of it, but I can tell that it's very discouraging when he doesn't have enough time in the day to do everything he would like to. I'm trying to be very patient and ask as little as possible of him, but I'm getting very anxious about this baby coming and still have lots to do around the house.

I have managed to paint the bathroom and bedroom and I'm doing as much around the house by myself as I can. The nesting phase is in full force and I have a running list of things that need to be completed before the baby comes. Luckily Carey is not on call this weekend so you better believe I will take full advantage of his time!

Last week AGW and I went on a tour of the hospital. She did really well and was on her best behavior. It did cause a little confusion though when we viewed the nursery and I explained that baby Hayes would come from the hospital and go home with us. She thought that meant he was coming home with us that very night! So when we began to leave the hospital she wasn't about to go anywhere without "her baby" and she didn't mind letting everyone know it! Poor girl was broken hearted and I had to carry her out sobbing about wanting her baby!

It's late tonight so I'll try to post pictures tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Lol! Poor AGW. It must be so confusing sometimes to be 2. :)

    ReplyDelete