Wayward: self-willed; rebellious; unruly; impulsive

Thursday, March 25, 2010

roofing, packing, shopping, biting

It's an exciting day today! The roofers are here, AGW and I went shopping, and we are still packing.

I'll start with the roof. Pretty ordinary to me, but a world of fun for AGW. She loves the noises, machines, and trucks! She is constantly looking out windows to catch a glimpse of what's going on outside and shouts "Wow!". It's so new and thrilling to her! Cash and Emma on the other hand, are having nervous breakdowns. They're fierce and terrified at the same time. They both pace back and forth throughout the house barking and then hiding.

I've been very busy packing. AGW and I are fully packed for our week-long trip to Ohio and for the entire month of April. We are equipped with clothing for all types of weather and in varying sizes- my belly is growing and she grows and inch a month! Our closets and dressers are empty, laundry is done, and we are living out of suitcases. Carey however, hasn't touched a thing. Oh, I would pack for him, believe me, but he won't let me! We both have control issues. My control issue right now is having everything packed and ready to go in advance. His control issue right now is packing his own things, his own way, and knowing exactly where everything is. He does have a lot going on (he is finishing up this last rotation and a huge research project) so I'm trying to be patient. My job though is to pack everything in the house, do you see the problem I have here? I'm trying to keep my control issue from giving me a panic attack! :) Below you'll find my closet, Carey's closet, and AGW's closet. Ha! Poor guy will have his work cut out for him this weekend!





I've even gone so far as to pack specific toys for our flight to Ohio with AGW and a separate bag of toys for our long drive to Ohio. I got an awesome new diaper bag that is HUGE that I'm hoping the airport will accept as my "purse" so that I can also carry on another bag. I refuse to pay $100 for checked luggage, so I will have my "purse" and our rolling carry-on bag and Carey will have his backpack and garment bag. We'll try to get away with checking only one really large suitcase. The problem is packing for all 3 of us and all of AGW's entertainment in those bags. It should be fun!Because I've packed up most of her toys already, I had to plan ahead and pack certain toys for each trip. Rarely do I think ahead like this, but I'm trying to avoid buying things that we don't really need!

Speaking of buying things :), I'm ashamed to admit that I broke down and bought something I swore I'd never buy: a harness backpack. I just think there is something very wrong about having your child on a leash. I still think this, but I also realized that AGW will want to walk like a big girl in the airport and with all of our luggage, stroller, and car seat, we will not have an extra hand. So, she has a brand new pink backpack to carry her baby in through the airport and I will have a 3ft pink leash around my wrist. Oh the shame. But, better safe than sorry, right? She also got her very first pair of flip flops and to my surprise LOVES them!

Now, on to the tough news. AGW had a very rough day at the baby sitter's yesterday. I knew something was wrong when I opened the door and Patty was sitting beside AGW looking exhausted. She said "I have to tell you something". Uh oh. That's never good. Apparently, AGW didn't want to eat lunch so she threw her plate of spaghetti on the ground. She got in trouble for that and it all went down hill from there. I'm positive that she doesn't handle discipline very well which leads me to believe that I"m not doing my job at home. Getting in trouble at lunch pissed her off for the rest of the day. She kicked Patty during a diaper change and got her bottom spanked. So she retaliated by peeing all over Patty. This made everything worse. At nap time she rolled over and bit the little boy next to her on the cheek. Not just a little bite. A "I'm so mad that I'm going to tear into you" kind of bite. He wasn't a fair skinned boy and she sent him home with a bloody, bruised, whelp on the side of his face. She also sent the daycare bully home with bruises upside his head and ripped the flower off of a little girl's shirt. I could not believe it. I'm still amazed that my sweet little girl could act out in so many terrible ways. Carey and I had a long discussion last night and established a better game plan for discipline. Grandparents: be ready next month. We know you love to spoil your grand baby however, for her very own good, we will be taking a much more firm and even slightly harsh approach to discipline. We have to nip this behavior in the bud! I sound so tough don't I? I hope I can follow through!

One last thing! AGW just said "up" and climbed all the way up the chair, planted herself in her booster seat, buckled it, grab the tray and snapped it on, then said "eats"! Wow. What a big girl!

3 comments:

  1. Growing up too fast...Love my little girl though. Love you too babe! Thanks for taking the time to keep everyone up to date!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From carey on Lacy's computer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watch out, she may be getting sick, or molars. Every time I get frustrated with my kids behavior they wake up with RSV, pneumonia, or molars coming in. She will undoubtably return to her sweet self. All of the moving and anxiety yall have been feeling probably has her on edge too. Sweet baby girl.

    ReplyDelete