Wayward: self-willed; rebellious; unruly; impulsive

Monday, December 13, 2010

It's a beautiful snowy morning here in Ohio. We've had a few days of flurries and have about 5 inches of snow on the ground. The wind chill leaves us at only 8 degrees so I'm sure AGW will not be interested in building a snowman! So far Carey hasn't had any trouble getting home from work at 6 a.m. and the roads have been decent. I try not to leave the house in weather like this and I've been very successful :)

AGW has been working on potty training for 2 days now. I think she's doing a great job and actually enjoys hearing her potty "sing" when she does it! She also enjoys hours and hours of playing and ride her tractor and car in the wide-open basement. It's a good thing we have that space to let her run around and get some energy out! This week is her Christmas program at school so I'm sure I'll have pictures to post later.

HLW has overcome his inability to gain weight. He is in the 90th percentile for height and 75th percentile for weight. No problems for this big boy! He is smiling and laughing more often, especially when his big sister comes around.

Carey is doing well on night float. He misses using his hands in surgery, but he seems to like the team he's working with. I still enjoy having him home (and awake) for a few hours in the afternoon. I'm not sure what rotation he's on next month, I'll update on that later.

As for me, I am learning to adjust to the great indoors. I never knew I'd look forward to days when it actually gets above freezing! I've decided that I'm going to have to get outside on days when the sun is shining, no matter what the temperature is.

Carey and I are preparing for our first Christmas without our extended family. It's definitely different for us. We're working out the details and new traditions that will stay with our family as the kids grow.

So, that's all I have for today. More pictures to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment