Wayward: self-willed; rebellious; unruly; impulsive

Monday, August 19, 2013

Little Man

Hayes is our little man now. He lives up to every expectation of raising a boy: covered in dirt, prefers sticks over toys, can't get him inside, best friend has fur and 4 legs. This rough and rowdy kid has a soft side though, particularly for his momma and sister. He asks about his Biya Brother all the time and cant wait to share his new farm-themed bedroom with him. Hayes also continues to mourn the loss of his best bud, Cash. 

Hayes:
2 years old-almost 3!
Favorite song: Old McDonald and Nothing But the Blood (of Jesus). I couldn't make that up if I wanted to folks.
Favorite Color: orange
Favorite Book: Good Night, Good Night Construction Site and a series of tractor books
Wants to be a daddy when he grows up. 
Loves: Guns, tractors, farm animals, legos
Won't hardly wear it if it isn't camo or tractor attire. He got blue tropical print swim trunks as a gift-refuses to even look at them. Plaid? If I beg and plead. I had to buy him black Wranglers to wear in Aunt T's wedding because there was no way he'd get into a suit. This kid is country, even in Ohio where country isn't cool. 
Weird fact: He has always hated pillow cases. I put them on his pillow, he takes it right off. Who does that???

He got a short hair cut in June because he was so sweaty and his hair was in his eyes. He hates it. When I try to fix his hair he asks me if I can make it long and in his face again. 

Still sucks that thumb-which he insists is NOT a finger.


No comments:

Post a Comment