Wayward: self-willed; rebellious; unruly; impulsive

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Fingers Crossed!

We have an awesome realtor! Sharon added a house to our list yesturday because she just thought it looked like a "Watson-y" house. She couldn't have been more right! It was our dream house and love at first sight.














Hopefully everything will workout with the inspection on Friday, then it's ours! Our very own cape cod with a double lot. Sometimes I can't believe how God blesses us!

AGW loves the house and yard. She ran and climbed until she just pooped out. Then she ran some more!

All 3 bedrooms are on the 2nd floor within a few feet of each other. AGW and baby #2 will share a wall. It may be tough for any of us to get sleep those first few months! :) The bedrooms have great windows and AGW already loves to sit in front of them. I'll make sure to give her plenty of seating options near windows so that she can daydream.

The main floor has the livingroom, dinning room, kitchen, 1/2 bath, office, and sun room. I have a few projects in mind for the kitchen but I have a feeling it will be a while before Carey lets me knock down any walls.

Our main priorities are to fence the yard, finish the basement, and add a garage. This will cost a pretty penny, but you will never believe the steal we got with this property. Every cent we put in we will profit from in the future!

The ideal basement will eventually consist of a bathroom (now there is just a random toilet in an open corner, but it works!) a nice laundry area, play area, guest bedroom, storage, and project area :) None of these spaces will be really big, but it will be nice to have in the next several years. I know it will be a painfully slow process, but that's the fun of making it our own.

Oh! I can't forget the neighborhood! Every house is old and charming and so well kept. The lawns are lushous green with brightly colored flowers around the trees. Our neighbor's houses are adorable and perfectly manicured. I never imagined we would live on a block so cute! Even the Mt. Washington Fire Station is another adorable brick building that was converted from an old brick church or something.

I every time we went to the house I watched to see what kind of action was on the street. In the last 2 days I saw more than 5 women jogging at different times of the day. 3 with strollers. 1 with dog and stroller. I saw a few pre-tween boys goofing off riding bikes in the middle of the street. All of this was very comforting to see and made me feel like the area was very safe. Plus, we are blocks from other residents in all directions which tells us that the commute isn't too bad either.

AGW has been the most amazing toddler on this trip. She's such a good sport! 20 houses in a single day was a challenge, but she handled it so well. A few very minor fits at the end of the day when she was tired of getting in and out of her carseat. Other than that, she's been great.

We have an open day tomorrow so we're sleeping in, going to the aquarium and then I'm treating myself to an Ikea visit. Window shopping only, of course! Because the house is 75 years old, I will need to be creative with closet storage and furniture arrangement. Ikea has great options for even better prices. I can't wait to be inspired.

We are absolutely, positively in love with this city! It's so old and beautiful. Even the run-down buildings facinate me. You never know what went on within the walls! Plus, the river is so fun to see, there are too many parks to count, and so many things to do! I can't wait to get here and explore when we have more time on our hands.

1 comment:

  1. I will pray that everything goes well with the inspection. I think the house fits ya'll to a "T!" It has so much charm and history!

    Linda Hall

    ReplyDelete