Wayward: self-willed; rebellious; unruly; impulsive

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Where to begin...

Last week was busy. I have pictures, but I'll have to upload them tomorrow. We started off the week with AGW's preschool orientation. It went really well and I love the program so far. The school is at a church, although it's not a religion based program. The church is only a block or so from our house so we can walk, and we both enjoy that.

AGW and I also began our Christian Moms Group and Mothers of Preschoolers group at our church. Both were great opportunities for me to meet other moms and for AGW to play with other kids her age. The highlights for her were snacks and a movie, and now she thinks that's why we go to church! :)

Parks are still a common interest of ours and AGW and I continue to hit the trails, swings, and slides, several times a week.

We also continue to frequent the gym and lately I've had to drag her away! I'm just so glad that she's enjoying herself while I attempt to walk Hayes on out :) I'm really going to miss that place during my required 6 week recovery, but I sure will be motivated to get back!

Hayes and I have weekly doctor's appointments now and we received great news today that he is in the correct position (unlike AGW), very low, and I'm starting the slow progression to labor. I'm so ecstatic about the possibility of going into labor naturally that I almost can't sleep. I refuse to pray for it to go my way instead, I pray for a healthy baby and delivery of any kind. So this news was unexpected and gave me hope!

If I do continue to progress and end up going into labor in a few weeks, then everything will workout with AGW. We will take her and get her camped out in the room along with us. I have all kinds of fun stuff to entertain her for the many hours I may be laboring. The pack-n-play will be her temporary bed for the overnight stay and everything else will work it's self out. Some people don't agree with a toddler being in the room while I deliver, but fortunately it's not their toddler! Carey and I have a couple of friends that IF available may come distract AGW during the actual birth, but for the most part, she'll be right there with us. We'll see how well that plan works out!

Carey is doing well on his cardiothoracic rotation. Much to my disappointment, last week he was home around 8:30 each night. He did get to come home for the Labor Day afternoon, so I can't complain too much! I'm not sure that he's getting any opportunities to step into the O.R. but his upper level residents are better so he doesn't complain much.

A very boring week, huh? I'll take it! Pictures soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment